Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day- Top 10

Happy Father's day to all Dads everywhere.  Especially to my husband and 'baby daddy' Brian.  On  this day just for you, I figured I would swallow my pride and finally admit that you have been *gasp* right about some things which I just stubbornly have refused to admit, and we argue about on at least a weekly basis.
 However-this admission is happening today, and today only-as a matter of fact, within 10 seconds of reading this post it will disenegrate, blow up, disappear, and be lost forever (insert the "Mission Impossible" theme in the background here)  So, if you accept this mission-know it is one-time only, as once gone, I will never, ever admit to them again!

I borrowed this idea from a favorite blog I follow:  www.rantsfrommommyland.com
Kate and Lydia are absolutely hysterical for the self-proclaimed not perfect, but perfect for our family unit-Mommies.

I've actually made it into a Top 10 list -I have to admit it was hard to come up with 10 things, but I did it!

10.  Ok, the baby really DOES have too many clothes.  It's kind of an addiction of mine, but heck, since we can't really buy him toys, what does it hurt to have 42 summer outfits and 13 pairs of shoes??

9.   I am a 'distracted' driver.  I am not quite ready to admit what you say that I am a 'bad' driver-but I will say I tend to be distracted at times by my phone, the radio, screaming at children or trying to text while holding a large mug of beer while driving on the way to bunco....

8.  I have an addiction to Coke.  The red, shiny like a Christmas tree ornament, cold can of divine happiness.  I don't do drugs-can't I have this one vice???

7.  I do pout.  Occassionally.  Only if I really think it will work, or don't get my way.

6.  I will be late for my own funeral.  I just want you to know that I come by this trait of tardiness naturally.   I think there is a gene I should be tested for, I'm sure it's been passed down for generations in my family.

5.  I have enough scrapbooking supplies.  But, much like #8, this is a legal addiction.  But if I don't buy it while I see it, it could be gone.  That fabulous paper pack that will look so great with Hailey's high school graduation pictures on it.  Some day...in like 4 years when she actually graduates, even though I've only made it to her 2nd birthday pictures anyway.

4.  I sometimes purposely wait for you to get in bed and get comfortable before asking you to get me a glass of water, turn off the light, or whatever annoying thing I can think of to ask you to do just to see if you will  get out of bed and do it.  Yep, I admit it-I say that I don't do it on purpose-that it just happens that way, but secretly, I sometimes do it on purpose.

3.  I am a closet hoarder.  Have you met my father?  That's all I'm gonna say about this one-at least it's an admission.  Again-a gene, passed down for generations.  It is nearly physically impossible for me to throw something away that I may use or need someday which seems completely and utterly useless to you.

2.  I have too many hair products and yes, get angry enough when my hair doesn't do what I want it to that I throw cans of expensive hairspray at the wall and punch a hole in it.  Not sure I want to elaborate on this one, kinda makes me sound a little crazy, huh?  My cousin Anthony will understand this one though, right???

and for the final, #1 admission I will post for all the world to see-one time....

1.  I will admit that I appear to others much more put together than we both know I really am.  I'm just a hot mess most days running around like a chicken with my head cut off, juggling way too many responsibilites that I can't seem to let go. 
But then again, honey, that's why you married me-cause I'm all that, AND a bag of chips...(oh, and I do love cheesy cliches like that)


Happy, Happy Father's Day Honey.  Thanks for being my baby daddy!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post. Sweet and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking after these admissions we could've been twins separated at birth (possible??)

    I LOVED it!! Thanks for the laugh!!

    ReplyDelete