Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sweet 16....is that really possible?

My beautiful Hailey Jayne turned 16 on Sunday!


These are the cookies our friend Michelle made her. Some are tie-dye, some are little VW bugs, some are the number 16 and some are her name.  ALL were delicious because they didn't last long around here. !Michelle also made her a yummy white cake. No, it didn't last long either! 
This is my dear friend Sarah- who was there the day Hailey was born-or I should say through the entire two days of labor and eventual c-section



We had a small family party at home, and our social bug 16 year old left us to go to Worlds of Fun Halloween Haunt with her cousin and his friend who came in town from Wichita.   Oh well, I guess I better get used to it!
We are enrolling her in a drivers class next week because having Brian and I teach her is going ok but she needs the class. I have been paying waaaay more attention to my mad driving skills since working with her, and that's about all I can say about them. Mad. And in watching others drive too I've come to the realization more people should have taken a class.  It's actually kinda scary. And scares me to send my baby out there on the road.  And it's not like we live in a small town, there will be highway driving for her almost everywhere she goes. Oh, I meant to say autobahn driving, cause I don't think anyone drives the speed limit anymore. Though I will admit some hypocrisy there, I used to be a terrible speed demon.  I've learned to slow down and appreciate the ride more, in more ways than just driving.

















Parker so enjoyed playing with the marching band at Staley Friday night.   This is a pic Teresa sent me. She and my Dad went to hear him!  Said he was in step the whole time. He's being recruited for the high school band for next year, and his band teacher is talking about switching him to a different saxophone.  Can you find P?  Front row. Second from the left!

This is our newest family addition. Frankie.  He is an 8 week old English Bulldog. And yes, we are crazy and no Williams you still can't have George!



I almost forgot to mention I had my knee scope done Tuesday and  Dr Thomas cleaned up the meniscus tear nicely.  He said my arthritis is terrible and since there is no fixing that, he was surprised my other knee hadn't bothered me yet. So I'm hanging out at home with the remote, ice and pain meds for the next 24 hours. I'm supposed to get up and start walking on it tomorrow, but honestly I've been up and down our stairs three times so far. Not too bad, just a little slow.  Off work for one week, my follow up is next Tuesday, and I'm hoping to be able to go back to work that night!

As soon as they give me the green light-I'll be getting my workouts back on!  My goal is to be down 75 lbs by the Policeman's Ball 2013 the RIGHT way. Diet and exercise!  Right James?  Got it!! 


FYI I may be a cranky hot mess for the next 5 months.

 You have been warned. 









2 comments:

  1. English bulldog puppy text (872) 221-9600
    Adorable akc English bulldog puppy. Outstanding quality. Flashy red
    and white color. Very smart and a real lover boy just loves to be held
    and played with. Pixs and info available.text (872) 221-9600 or email us via (swaz1dav1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. English bulldog puppy text (872) 221-9600
    Adorable akc English bulldog puppy. Outstanding quality. Flashy red
    and white color. Very smart and a real lover boy just loves to be held
    and played with. Pixs and info available.text (872) 221-9600

    ReplyDelete