Friday, June 29, 2012

A Decade of Wedded Bliss! Ok- most days!

My and Brian's 10 year wedding anniversary is today, and I'm pretty sure it was this hot on June 29, 2002 as it is today!
Our vows were the traditional ones; I, (name), take you (name), to be my (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.
When I think about those vows, and the 10 years we've been married, they become so much more than just words we repeated in front of our family and friends.
To have and to hold from this day forward... Brian has held my hand and had my heart from before our wedding day til now.
For better or for worse.... We've had lots of better, and even with the worse-it was better with him.
For richer...not likely to be rich on our salaries, but we do fine.
For poorer....we just feel blessed to have the things we do, and always know there are some with far less.
In sickness and in health....do I even need to elaborate????
To love and to cherish.....yep, even when I want to strangle him, and he wants to suffocate me.
From this day forward until death do us part....we are in it for the long haul, from that day, from this day, and it will take death to separate us.
We may not have the kind of marriage Ward and June Cleaver did, more like the Bundy's. But it's ours, it's been wonderful, and I wouldn't trade the last ten years or the person I shared them with for anything.
I'm only hoping we have 10 more
ok maybe those ten could have a tad less drama

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary- and may you have 20,30,40, or even 50 more! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! So many of my friends have been celebrating BIG Anniversaries this week!

    ReplyDelete