Friday, October 12, 2012

TGIF, TGIIF and TGWHGF

Thank Goodness it's Friday-I'm assuming most if you know that one

TGIIF-or Thank Goodness it's Irish Fest-our favorite Fest!

And TGWHGF or Thank Goodness we have GREAT Family!!

Ethan had an ok night on Thursday, but by the time I got down there Friday morning, his happy personality had been overtaken by a demon.   He was not happy.  He's ready to go home.

Silver Team is the service he's on now,and Dr Waldman came in with a plan.
Immunology weighed in, and since his IgG upon admission was 762, they feel it was too low for him, and his immune system was compromised, thus the bad effects from these viruses.  He is getting a 6 hour dose of immunoglobulin as we speak- thank goodness for vascular access getting a new IV for him!

Dr Waldman was highly concerned about his heart rate only being in the 50's all day, and asked Cardiology to consult again.  Since whoever the Card on did not know Ethan, and clearly didn't read his history for the last year, they freaked and are having his Digoxin held and a level drawn. I'm guessing that will be normal since his heart rate has been in the 50's for a year now and Dr Kaine has not been worried.  It's Ethan's normal. 

Stinky got a suppository, and lived up to his nickname shortly after.

He's still on oxygen, but only 1/2 liter by nasal cannula. We thought we would try to wean that today, but once he's off for a minute, he drops to 80's.

All in all he's kind of in a holding pattern of crappiness. And I feel so bad for him. He hasn't had to do this hospital stay stuff for so long, he's forgotten how to deal with it. Not that anyone should ever have to learn, but his coping skills are far from desired. I'm sure he annoyed the heck out of everyone else this morning when he screamed at the top of his lungs for 30 minutes while I tried to wrestle him into submission.   It was like wrestling a howler monkey on crack.  He won.
I came home at 1 to get a nap since I worked last night and hadn't been to sleep.
Brian just got home , and he was sleeping soundly and comfortably, finally.

We have had plans and reservations to go to the Weston Irish Fest for months now, so thanks to my family, we are going.  People can think we are terrible parents, and they can then kiss my behind.  We are leaving him in trustworthy, capable hands and we are only a phone call and a 30 minute drive away.  Brian and I need a break together, and we are taking one.    Of course the forecast is saying thunderstorms and possible tornadic activity. Go figure.
My sister Kate is going down to sit with him tonight, my step-mom Teresa is sitting with him tomorrow, my other sister Kim is going down this weekend too, and my mom is coming to stay with Hailey and Parker.  Like I said TGWHGF!
Bring on the hot cider with schnapps and the coddle!! Slainte!

Thanks everyone for your help, thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment