Thursday, April 18, 2013

A day to relax, finally!

I am not ashamed to admit I have not left my bedroom today except to help get the bald kid in bed at 9:30 this evening! And it felt good. So good.

Since coming home from the hospital, I feel like we've run around a lot. Bald kid appointments, my appointments, pick up meds and diapers and drop off scripts and copies of Ethan's new MO Health Net card, etc, etc. I needed a break.

Wednesday We took E to GI to visit Ms Beth and he got a new MicKey button-gastric feeds only now-rock on! He was sized down a whole size from his GJ-he's a 14F 1.2 cm. his GJ was a 16F.
We were finally able to send him back to school today with correct orders for g-feeds now and he was so happy to go back-And so were we! We are able to get all his nutritional needs in him in a day with the bolus feeds in just 5 feeds per day. Which is very nice because now he doesn't eat overnight, and we don't have to worry about feeding pump alarms in the wee hours of the morning-which miraculously I'm the only one in the household that hears anyway....

I saw Dr B at KU and she said everything looks great. They pulled my pain catheters-I asked for a refill, but no go. My drains are still putting too much out. So I'm scheduled for next Wednesday for my first fill and drain pull then. Pain not too bad still. I will have moments of complete paralysis in pain when my muscles spasm and I just have to tell myself to breathe and relax. Easier said than done when it feels like someone has a band around your chest pulling it as tight as they can. And when I do too much in a day, like dishes and laundry and stuff I'm not supposed to anyway, I really get sore. But it's better every day. I hate the drains and will be thrilled when they get pulled.

I do have to leave my bedroom tomorrow because we are meeting with a potential care assistant for Ethan in the morning. Woo-hoo! I don't want to scare her away right off, so I am going to shower and fix my crazy hair. The one we are meeting tomorrow has day and some evening availability, and could start next week! Then we have the name of another gal who can do later evenings for nights Brian and I are both at work. We are going to try to meet with her next week. We are so excited to have some help. It takes a lot of pressure off of Brian during my down time having to take care of me and Ethan. And it will allow us to attend the older kids events Ethan can't go to-like the freezing cold track meet of Parker's the other day. Or 12 hour long volleyball tournaments. And like the random day off school E has next Thursday, and I still can't lift him.

Going to try to hit the movies this weekend-got a few I want to see, so if anybody wants to see some flicks-give me a call!

We have my nephew's first communion this weekend, and I'm hoping to feel good enough to go to Saturdays mass for it since I won't have Brian to help me with the bald kid. And I move around pretty slow still. Oh dear, and Hailey will have to drive us all.....maybe I will rethink that.






No comments:

Post a Comment