Thursday, April 11, 2013

T minus 24....

In about 24 hours from now I will be arriving at KU Med getting ready for my tissue expander surgery, IF I don't go crazy between now and then.

Let's see, first I leave work in about one hour, go home and try to sleep before coming back to work at 1pm this afternoon. Then home at 11:30pm to drink a big glass of water before midnight, cause then it's nothing by mouth until well after 3 pm on Friday!!
Doesn't sound like a big deal, except Ethan's G-J tube is starting to become difficult to flush-AGAIN! If we have to go trade this one out, it will be 5 visits to Interventional Radiology at CMH in 4 weeks with 4 tube changes. They know us well, and I'm pretty sure like us, but I think even we are pushing our luck!!!
This is getting ridiculous! We aren't doing anything differently than we have for say, the last 4 years, other than formula change. And the formula we are using he has been on for over a year, so we are really baffled. So if any of my J tube Moms have any advice, please share! We've done Coke, meat tenderizer, going to try seltzer water today, and we flush all the time!
Umm, add to that we planned to have him at school today and tomorrow, not running him down to the Mercy either of those days!

Hailey needs some last minute prom stuff and since I'm working tonight, I'm not sure how we are gonna get that done.
I need to pack and coordinate what comfy jammys I will be living in for the next week.
And, what to do with my hair??
Now that it's come in curly, it's kinda crazy looking after it's slept on. Gives a whole new meaning to 'bed head' for sure.
Since I won't be showering for a week or so, I may need some hair washing volunteers again!
Oh, and my biggest dilemma?
Don't laugh....
I really needed to get my eyebrows waxed before surgery. I don't want some anesthesiologist staring at these overgrown things for two hours completely disgusted! Unfortunately that's not in the time schedule, so plucking in the bathroom mirror will have to suffice!

Thanks to all my wonderful family and friends helping us out this weekend;

mom coming to stay with the boys and dogs
Dad and Teresa getting Hailey to Emporia to meet Jonny for Prom
Kate coming to get the bald kid on the bus tomorrow morning
Jody and Carissa for being my hospital babysitters
Ashley for trading shifts with me so I'm getting my hours in this week
Andrea for setting up the Meal Train again while I'm off
And all of your thoughts and prayers!

The Meal Train Andrea set up can be accessed through this link:
http://www.mealtrain.com/?id=mo2wq3v17wjt

We greatly appreciate the meals, and are not picky at all! Don't need any five course, gourmet meals to please my kids. Just won't be lifting my arms higher than mid chest for the first two weeks makes it really hard to cook. That and the Dilaudid.
If there is a day that you want to bring something and the date isn't listed, just email Andrea and she will add the day. We didn't list every day, just every few.
Andrea.Phillips@NKCH.org

Thanks again everyone.

Brian will update from the hospital.

Time to get some new boobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment