Saturday, June 29, 2013

Eleven and counting.

Eleven years ago today, I was preparing to marry the love of my life. 

Thank you, Brian for being the one beside me the last 11 years. 
For marrying a girl with a kid who you fell in love with also and leapt right in to be a husband and step-father without a moment's hesitation. 
For giving me Parker, so much like both of us, it's scary. Well, except for the height- I have no idea who he gets that from. 
For giving me Ethan, and through all our struggles with him, being my support. 

We don't always agree on everything-and if we did, how boring would we be?
I can count on you remaining calm in the middle of one of my episodes of craziness, and not holding it against me later. 
For being my rock last year and doing the things I couldn't that needed to be done.
For reassuring the kids when they were little that there were no monsters, and continuing to protect them from real-life monsters now that they are older. 
For shaking your head, but not saying anything with each new project I start. But never finish. 
For making me laugh. 
And understanding when I cry. 

Thank you for being my husband and saying "I do" eleven years ago. 
And for sticking by me through all those vows we shared, and put to the test. 

Because its been a lot different journey than what I thought it would be like on that hot, humid June day in 2002, but one I wouldn't change a bit. 

Happy Anniversary honey. Here's to many, many more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment