Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Fathers's Day!

No witty words, or Top Ten like last year, just a heartfelt thanks to all the Dads in my life.  

To my Dad for always being there, even in times of my poor decision making. 
I look to your for your wisdom and advice, and you have never let me down. 
I admire you for your honesty, integrity and character, and hope that I can emulate what I have learned from you over the years 
Thank you for being the best Dad ever. 

To my Brothers-Kyle and Eddie-it's a miracle we all ever got out of our teen years unscathed, let alone married and with children of our own. I love that my kids have cousins to grow up with and consider them friends.  I only wish we were closer, though it just makes the time we do spend together more cherished.  Thank you for marrying a couple of awesome women. You both make me proud to be your sister.  You rock!

To my BIL-Trevor-I still don't know know how you've managed to stay married to my sister for as long as you have, but we're glad you did!!  Kim and the boys are truly the lucky ones.  As we are to have you a part of our crazy family. 

To Brian, my baby-daddy.  I love you more today than I ever thought I could.  We have weathered so many storms together, and I have needed you by my side to get through them. 
Thank you for working so hard for our family.  
You are the bread to my peanut butter, wasabi to my sushi, protein to my shake and pot to my kettle. 
Me love you long time. 

You have been the voice of reason in my moments of insanity, and talked me off the ledge many times. Thus, saving the lives of our children on more than one occasion I'm sure.  For that, the kids love you lots. 

You are our Superman. Our hero. We love you. 

And to all the women in my life who have had to take on the role of Father as well as Mother when necessary-you have done a great job, and this day is as much for you. 

To all my awesome Uncles, cousins and cousin-in-law Dads-I hope you know how special you are to me!  

Cheers to all The Dads out there today, and every day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment