Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I feel pretty, oh, so pretty.


This will probably sound like a very shallow post, but I'm just gonna go with it-
I got the most awesome haircut and color last week!  I am absolutely in love with it! 

If you are wondering why I am blogging about my hair, it's because I haven't had hair I have loved for over a year.  And those of you who know me well, know how I feel about my hair. 

This picture was taken exactly a year ago-Jan 30, 2103 with my work friend Connie

This is this week:  yes-my hair grew that fast!!

  
                             

                      




I know that nobody wants to see pictures of my hair, but getting to this point, all my hair back, is a milestone for me.  One I'm very proud of.   
And yes, note the cleavage in the second picture...again, proud. 

Dear cousin, Anthony, hair stylist extraordinaire, I tried to wait until I saw you to have this done, but being that we haven't been able to work out our weekend in the Motel 6 in Hays, Kansas, and the fact that there would be waaaay to much drinking involved to even consider letting you come near my hair with scissors and color, I went with my local hair magician, Vanessa at Fringe Salon.  She is fun and beautiful and I couldn't be happier!  I've even stopped doing my own haircuts and cheapo, OTC gray coverage!  You would be proud!  

Thank you Vanesssa, for making me feel pretty again!  










2 comments:

  1. Darling cousin of mine: You can do no harm in my eyes. My belief is, and has always been, that our hair is the FIRST ACCESSORY that people see us wearing. It's singularly OURS, and though it may be similar in color or length, no one else's is like it. It's a defining trait for each of us. I am SO, SO, SO glad that you have someone that can whoop up that 'do of yours and make you feel sexy and special and like YOURSELF again! Now, when we meet in Hayes, I might stay sober enough to give you a little trim the MINUTE we get into our room. I said MIGHT! People with cosmetology licenses are a dime a dozen; hairdressers with a license AND PASSION and the ability to create magic for YOU are priceless and rare. I'm happy for you! I love you! I miss you! And I'll see you soon, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn girl! You are a good hair grower! Love the color

    ReplyDelete