Monday, February 25, 2019

Happy Monday!




I shared this 2 years ago when I made it to my 5 year ‘cancer free’ mark. And here I am seven years from the date of this picture with no hair, recent chemo and surgery (again) and getting ready to start radiation therapy. There have been lots of days in the last few months I’ve done the ‘why me’, ‘why again’ and ‘this is so not fair’ game. And not really feeling like participating in this fight. Most days I don’t even want to get out of bed, but I am a total teeth brusher every morning even if I am just going to go right back to bed....something about the sun coming up and needing fresh breath and clean teeth.

Then today I woke up feeling fabulous after a kinda crummy weekend. Parker and his friends took a trip to California, Brian had to work this morning so I had a date with the bald kid and his school bus. Thank goodness Aunt Katie Zishka is his favorite and was able to come over and help me by doing all the pulling and lifting of his not-so-helpful skinny butt. (I’m still at a 10lb lifting restriction with my right arm). And his smile and laugh this morning reminded me why I do get up and fight this crappy fight, even on days I don’t want to.
And all the fabulous ladies in this picture who threw this ‘Bye Bye Boobies’ Party for me in 2012 are just another reminder. And their continued support, love and help. I wish I could add in dozens more faces of the amazing ‘new’ friends I’ve made since this pic was taken-I sure don’t want to leave out any of them and their love and support this time around. Kinda sucks to have ‘old’ and ‘new’ cancer friends, huh? But I do have some of the best. And today is one of those days I just want to say thank you and I love you all and you’re more appreciated than you can even imagine. And no, I haven’t even taken any narcotics this morning.

The sun is out and God is good. Don’t ever take for granted those you love and who love you. Tomorrow isn’t promised and five years seemed like such a milestone just two short years ago, and look where I am today. Seeing this pic in my time hop makes me smile and laugh big at what a night that was and how all these ladies made a really crappy thing O.K. and even funny-if only for a little while. And how they all stepped up again to remind me that I can do this.

Ps-if you look far enough back in my blog you can read about this night-it is pretty funny and I even kept Jenn Wolz out way past her bedtime....

No comments:

Post a Comment