Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful

I awoke Thanksgiving morning to the sounds of the bald kid laughing in his bed, my husband snoring beside me, the dogs racing down the stairs and Hailey and Parker conspiring to see if I would let them make a trip to Dunkin' Donuts.  I lay there for a moment and thought to myself just how much I have to be thankful for.  So much, that there is not enough space to list everything.
As everyone I know, and all the 'thankful' FB posts state-the typical thanks for the things we often take for granted every day-the love of our family and friends, our jobs, the ability to provide for our families, the homes we live in, food we eat, beds we sleep in, and our health.  
But more than that, I'm thankful I have been given the chance this year to see just how precious life is.

To be reminded to slow down and roll the window down and breathe in the cool night air. 

To listen to the wind blow.

To stare up at the skies on a clear night.

To smell the fresh cut grass and summer rain.

To not take people or my freedoms for granted.

To hug longer and love harder.

I'm thankful I've been given another year to try to figure out how to make a difference in this world.

I'm thankful for the new people brought into my life this year.  And those that have always been there.

I'm thankful for the smiles, the laughter and the tears this year.  Mostly the laughter.

I'm thankful for all of you.

And Modern Family.

And Raul Esparza the sexy DA from Law and Order.  Hotness.  Seriously.





No comments:

Post a Comment