Monday, November 26, 2018

And the stockings were hung by the chimney.....with Frank....

It was a low key weekend for me, and the chemo still kicked my butt.
Friday was good-I worked 11 hours and that was all I could muster. Saturday Brian treated me to a pedi from Annie and Alex at The Nail Place-they are the best and totally pampered me! Go see them for your nail needs! Cause if I could wear the gel nails to work they’re the only place I’d have them done!
Then we lunched at Noodles & Co and picked out a REAL Christmas tree! We haven’t had a real tree for years and I love one. This year the hubby gave in and the kids and I picked out a lovely one. Now, as far as decorating the tree.....not quite done....but Hailey and Logan and Parker did get some stuff up.
Then the Jaros family brought us a delicious dinner.
I woke Sunday and took all my meds but still spent most of the day in bed. The chemo causes such a reaction in my bone marrow that my hips and back and legs hurt so bad that I couldn’t ever get very comfortable. And the nausea, though better, was still there and I just nibbled all day long to combat that.
Today my counts were super low so I stayed home from work and slept. I can’t be exposed to anybody’s icky germs while my counts are low so if I work tomorrow I will be the masked/turbaned CT tech....
Hailey got stuck here (yeah!) and her boyfriend Logan couldn’t get out to Chicago until today so my house got a few more decorations up and I got to spend the time with these amazing kids.
All the while having my house cleaned because we have the best neighbors/Bunco group EVER! The ladies I play with are so nice they have pre-paid for 7 months of housecleaning for us! Talk about an incredible gift!! I don’t get teary-eyed over much, but when Sandra presented me with that card, the waterworks started! I can’t thank you all enough! To not have to worry about the dust and the bathrooms sure eases my mind.
We are so close on the Go Fund Me and Katie will be enjoying her last week of hair in Vegas this week so let’s push for that last $875 so she gets to come home to be the bald Medic!
The meals, the cards, the gift cards, the prayers and the good thoughts are helping. I know I have an entire army in my corner and it gives me strength.
Chemo #3 is on 12/13 and I’m hoping to have fewer down days between now and then, but we’ll see. Ya know that saying about making plans.....we learned long ago to take it all in stride and this is no different. I just wasn’t blessed with the patience gene.
If you are out and about this week please be safe-some of us HAVE to go to work in this and if you’re out doing stupid shit chances are you’ll see one of us. So don’t check your mail, don’t go to the store, don’t shovel the walk and for Fox sake leave the paper. If you have a teenage child please send them to do those things for your elderly neighbors. Every year we have someone slip and fall and end up with a head bleed for those very things and it’s simply not worth it.

Now I’m gonna cozy up to the fireplace where the stockings were all hung with care and Frank is loving the heat.....

love, hugs and prayers

K

No comments:

Post a Comment